At least 10 years of experience, with minimum 5 years of experience in the role of Sourcing/Vendor/Supplier Manager in semiconductor/electronic systems or related field.
Planning, Sourcing, Procurement, Supplier Quality
- Plan and manage company’s overall sourcing strategy.
- Understand company’s operational requirement
- Find vendors/suppliers by researching to find the best services, products, and prices available in market
- Induct new vendors/suppliers, including conducting interviews and meetings with new vendors/suppliers both for direct and indirect supplies (including services).
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing vendors/partners/key-suppliers/customers including pricing, terms of supply, service, and quality
- Build relationships with vendors, key suppliers and develop strategic sourcing relationships
- Develop a yearly budget depending on sourcing needs, control costs
- Analyze and make suggestions for improvement of overall sourcing strategy, execute
- Document and ensure implementation of sourcing processes and supplier/vendor qualification processes
- Establish Standards, guidelines, process and work-flow for vendors/suppliers, their qualification and monitoring and ensure these policies are being followed
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends, lead times, pricing and best practices
- Evaluate and maintain global supply chain price trends and market intelligence on best pricing available
- Evaluate sourcing procedures, analyze and calculate procurement costs and present improvement strategies to senior management for approval
- Driving purchase decisions based on cost and scenario analysis, as well as market trends.
- Collaborating with the procurement department to identify and pursue new supplier opportunities.
- Hiring, training, and managing procurement department employees.
- Conducting market research, as well as creating cost estimates and forecasts.
- Estimating risks and applying risk minimizing techniques
- Resolve problems concerning logistics imports, exports and customs issues
- Adhere to all relevant guidelines and regulations, negotiating contracts that comply with industry regulations
- Experience working in/with Electronic systems OEMs/EMS would be advantageous
- Outstanding negotiation skills and ability to manage all aspects of vendor and supplier interactions
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Desire to build lasting relationships with vendors/suppliers all over the world
- Good understanding of principles of accounting & finance, Custom clearances
- Must be able to comprehend legal documents