- 15 Years of hands-on experience.
- Must be B. E in Electronics and Communication.
- Understand customer requirements for virtualization of Telcograde RAN software.
- To arrive at detailed requirements for various components in the system (5G components: EMS/NMS /RIC/CU/DU/DU) for virtualization.
- To identify and chalk out a plan for the transformation of legacy software into a virtualized environment.
- To set up and drive the team for full virtualization and integration for Telco customer’s deployment scenario.
- Integration of the software components into CI/CD environments.
- Knowledge of 3GPP and O-RAN OAM standards, cloud technologies, vRAN, O-RAN, radio access technology (4G/5G), Open Edge Servers, and Front Haul deployments in a cloud environment. Technical knowledge with experience in cloud computing and network function virtualization: orchestration (MANO), Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (ETSI NFV Specifications), and Virtualized Network Functions (VNF).
- Experience with Microservices, Dockers, Containers, Kubernetes, VMWare, Linux, RedHat, public clouds, OpenStack, PaaS, and IaaS based Cloud automation & Orchestration.
- Experience in setting up telco cloud infrastructure – RAN-based VNF/CNF experience preferred.
- RAN functions knowhow desired in the areas of virtualized access for vCPU pinning, CPU and memory isolation, NUMA node setup, HugePages memory.
- Setup, Data Path acceleration (SR-IOV, DPDK, etc), and Baseband and security accelerator card offload.
- VNF and NFVi tools and standards knowledge: ONAP, OSM, OPNFV, ETSI NFV ISG, ONF.
- Knowledgeable on 5G, 4G/LTE, RAN, Radio, gNodeB/eNodeB, protocol interfaces etc.
- Certification or familiarization with hypervisor technologies and software for building and managing virtualized services.
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE SKILL:
- Rest API, automation, and scripting skills and tools like Ansible, Gitlab CI, JSON, TOSCA, and Python.
- Expertise in ethernet and IP networks is required: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security.
- Knowledge of DevOps as implemented in the Gitlab platform including Docker or Kubernetes image building and usage for automation testing.